Be Careful of False Emails
We wanted to bring to your attention that we have received reports from some of you who have been the recipient of unauthorized email invitations, or have been lured onto websites purporting to be from Toluna.
We wanted to warn you about the content of these emails and assure you that they are not coming from Toluna, nor its partners.
How does the scam work?
This scamming method is typically know as phishing and can present a pop-up such as the one below!
These emails and sites claiming to be from Toluna, offer large incentives for surveys and coax unsuspecting users into giving out personal information, or trying to get you to redeem a free reward but require that you pay a small shipping fee. Once you have entered your payment information for the shipping fee they will keep taking money from your account without your explicit consent.
How can users avoid these scams?
Your safety online is very important to us, and whilst we take technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information on Toluna.com, we cannot protect you from external sites.
We kindly remind all our members that:
- Tolunawill never ask you for your personal information outside of the secure Toluna.com.
- All Toluna surveys are hosted on a secure server: http://ups.surveyrouter.com/
- Toluna will also never ask for your credit card details or require you to pay money to sign up on our website or to deliver any rewards.
- Toluna will never contact you by phone for direct marketing or to sell you anything
- Toluna surveys will only be sent by email to registered users and/or published directly on our official site toluna.com
How to recognize Phishing sites and emails
- If an email invitation to you breaches the above standards, then it most likely is not from Toluna
- Fraudulent sites and emails are not Toluna branded
- Fraudulent sites and emails will not include the usual Toluna identification elements (wrong logo, wrong sender email etc.)
If you receive any suspicious e-mails claiming to be from Toluna, please do not open them, reply back, or forward them on to anyone. Instead you should delete them. It is a scam – these e-mails are fraudulent, may involve them stealing your personal information and/or appropriating your personal information for illegal or illicit purposes and they do not originate from our company.
If you ever have any hesitations about any third party websites that promise Toluna surveys or rewards, please Contact Us.
Please let us know for any questions or comments you may have.
The Toluna Team